Firstly it is very hard to take only essentials in a small cabin sized bag. But I didn't forget anything!
My top tips for packing are;
- Roll your clothes
- Weight your bag on 2 different scales to make sure it's in the limit
- Take out anything you might need and replace it with something you will need and definitely use
- Pack interchangeable outfits so you can switch from day to night easily
- Take a smaller secure bag for the day
- Always make a check list so you don't forget anything
Minimising my make up for the trip was hard but I thought that I didn't want to spend ages doing my make up I wanted to explore the city. So I needed quick fixes and all under 100ml as I only took cabin baggage.
And going back to why my boyfriend called me a tomboy; it's because I was dressed practically not fashionably or overly girly. Literally just top, hoody and skinny jeans. I did have a few girly touches such as a pretty top and bright Turquoise Vans. These are new and I got them in the Office sale for £25 (£28 but they had a mark).