The worst part of running out of powder is when it breaks off into useless small pieces of powder that get stuck in your brush and end up everywhere.
I have found a new trip that works especially well if you have just a lid to your powder but you could try it with a compact with a mirror. I do the following to get the most product out;
- Shake the product upside down so the powder separates in the lid
- Turn to the product the right way up
- Carefully open the lid so the powder stick to the lid but any bits are in the pan side
- Place you brush in the loose powder that should now be sitting in the lid
- Apple to your face a normal