Monday 11 January 2016

Mini Make Up Tips Monday; Eyeliner

You can do so much with eyeliner and make your eyes look different.  I have a signature flick which I have done since I was 14 and I don't look right without it.  Follow my tips to make the most out of your eyeliner;

  1. Let's start with basic black eyeliner this can be put on your lash line to thicken it, on your tight line (upper waterline) and on your waterline to intensify your eyes.  But be careful as too much black can make your eyes look smaller.
  2. To make your eyes look bigger use a white or pale pink eyeliner in your waterline to widen your eyes.
  3. Some liquid eyeliners can look shiny or flake off, to solve this you have 2 options, 1 is to put a kohl black eyeliner or felt liner underneath or pat Matt black eyeshadow on top to mattify.
  4. In order to do my 60s flick I first line my lash line and then use the edge of my eyebrows to guide my flick and try and make it even each side this way.
  5. I also like to use a brown or gold (instead of black) eyeliner on my lower lash line to keep my eyes widened.
  6. When using coloured eyeliner try to stay away from pinks, reds and purples right next to your eye as they can make you look tired so if you want to use these colours, add black eyeliner to your lash line to break up the colour.

P.S to get glowing rings in your eyes use a ring light or this Boots No7 illuminated mirror that I got in the Christmas sales; http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Illuminated-Makeup-Mirror-Exclusive-to-Boots_1527178/

No comments:

Post a Comment